Poll Everywhere is a classroom voting tool you can use in different ways to increase classroom engagement and support learning. Here are 7 ways to do more with Poll Everywhere; there’s information here for new and experienced users alike.
1. Increase classroom engagement with Poll Everywhere: An introduction
If you’ve not used it before, read this introduction to how you can use Poll Everywhere in your teaching to increase engagement.
2. A new dashboard for creating questions
Very soon, when you log in to Poll Everywhere you’ll see a new dashboard for creating questions. It looks different, but it’s designed to give you quicker access to all the same options.
- Have a look at the before and after, and read the story behind the new poll creator in this blog post Announcing Poll Everywhere’s new activity creator
- Learn about what you can do with the new creator in this blog post Everything you need to know
3. Join us at the UK Poll Everywhere User Group event, 1 March at City, University of London (Free!)
Come and share ideas about using Poll Everywhere with colleagues from other UK universities. The programme includes:
- Team-based Learning (TBL) workshop, Rebecca McCarter, Learning & Teaching Development Officer, University of Bradford
- Presentations from user group members
- Opportunities to share ideas and teaching practices using Poll Everywhere
- Tour of City’s flexible learning spaces
- Presentation / Q&A with Paul Giovacchini, Polleverywhere.com, Account Manager – Education
- Lunch & refreshments
4. Present at the UK Poll Everywhere user group event on 1 March
If you’ve used Poll Everywhere in your teaching would you like to share your practice and experience with others? We’re looking for presenters to share examples of how Poll Everywhere is used in UK higher education. Presentations should be about 15 mins duration and could be on any aspect of using Poll Everywhere, for example pedagogical uses, technical aspects, advanced uses, collaboration with students, lessons learned, impact, student feedback. Please complete the online form if you’d like to present or would like to discuss this further.
5. Join a community of Poll Everywhere educational users: join the user group email discussion
This mailing list is for all educational users of Poll Everywhere to share ideas, ask questions and provide answers.
6. Learn more about how to use Poll Everywhere at UWL
We’re running staff workshops at Paragon and St Mary’s Road. In the sessions you’ll use Poll Everywhere to create questions, discuss effective teaching applications of Poll Everywhere, participate in interactive presentations and practise presenting using Poll Everywhere. Book a place online:
7. Read about how UWL staff have been using Poll Everywhere
At a recent Coffee Break TIPs morning, colleagues shared how they’ve been using Poll Everywhere with their students during film screenings and in-between classes. Read more in the blog post Giving all students a voice with questions and surveys. In Psychology, Poll Everywhere is used to support the teaching of Research Methods: Creating interactive lectures with Poll Everywhere: A case study