Events this week
- Coffee Break TIPs*, Monday 12 March, 10.30am, Paragon Mezzanine.
- Learning Technology Drop-in, Monday, 12 March, 2-3pm, SMR (Mollie Clay, 3rd Floor, Library)
- Learning Technology Drop-in Tuesday 13 March, 1-2pm, Paragon (PH307)
- Turnitin Essentials, Wednesday 14 March, 2-3pm, Mollie Clay, 3rd Floor, Library, SMR. Book on Eventbrite
- Coffee Break TIPs*, Thursday 15 March, 10.30am, SMR Heart Space.
* CB TIPs: Making your own bite-sized educational videos – Discussing how bite-sized videos can be made by anyone to support specific concepts/ideas which students find difficult. Videos allow students to review materials at their own time and place. Options include using your smartphone, narrating a PowerPoint, filming a practical demo or working out, talking to camera to give cohort feedback on assessment, video in the field, Panopto MCQs.
Three open-access books recommended by Isabel Huet, Associate Professor, ExPERT Academy:
- Fung, Dilly. 2017. A Connected Curriculum for Higher Education. London: UCL Press.
- Carnell, Brent and Fung, Dilly (eds.) 2017. Developing the Higher Education Curriculum: Research-based Education in Practice. London: UCL Press.
- Tong, Vincent C H, Standen, Alex and Sotiriou, Mina (eds.) Shaping Higher Education with Students: Ways to Connect Research and Teaching. London: UCL Press.
- Isabel Huet has been selected as a member of the Advisory Board for EDULEARN18, the 10th annual International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies.
- Matt Lingard, Anna Armstrong and Sophia Hutchinson have had their proposal accepted to participate in PressED, A WordPress and Education, Pedagogy and Research Conference on Twitter. The Twitter presentation will be on the introduction of CampusPress at the University as a new Portfolio tool.