All modules are evaluated in class by the module leader formally using the Module Evaluation Survey (MES) at the end of each semester.
These opportunities allow students a voice in feeding back and feeding forward what changes they would like. A key part of this cycle is hearing from their module leader how feedback will be acted upon.
The information collected from the MES is vital as there are often direct correlations and indicators between MES and NSS results.
Key dates for module evaluations are indicated below and are also circulated by Heads of School to module leaders. Be sure to build into your schedule a class session when you will undertake the MES with your students.
Semester 1 MES
|10||19/11/18||Module Evaluation Survey (MES) Opens|
|Access given to MES results (under the heading ‘Module Evaluation Analysis’ in Strategic Planning)|
|18/01/19||Deadline for feeding back to students via Blackboard (MES)|
Four key documents:
- Information and guidance on administering (and responding to) mid- and end-of-semester module evaluation. This includes suggestions for informal activities.
- This is the key video resource that introduces the MES to students
- Use this PPT slide displayed in class when students complete the survey. It contains the links to the UWL Student Union President video and the survey (www.uwl.ac.uk/surveys).
- The above document contains step-by-step guidance on how to examine the results in Tableau. See Step 5 for locating individual module data.
- Prior to survey close, response rates are sometimes provided at School level but not for individual modules.
- Quantitative results are released approximately 5 days after the survey closing date (see Essential links below).
- Qualitative results (confidential) are released to Head of Schools at a later date to circulate to appropriate staff. (Please contact your own HoS if relevant.)
- MES survey: www.uwl.ac.uk/surveys
- MES quantitative results are published under the heading ‘Module Evaluation Analysis’ in Strategic Planning.
If you require further support, please contact ModuleEvaluation@uwl.ac.uk.
If your query relates to a technical issue, please make sure you quote your module reference number. For student access issues, please also quote the student ID.